Who Needs Trucks and Dirt Roads When You’ve Got Country Girls? Our friends Big D & Bubba made a special video for all the “country girls” out there! Take a looK!
Archive for the ‘Scotty McCreery’ Category
Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Merle Haggard and More to Headline Oklahoma City’s New Summer Music Festival
The refrain “GET YOUR KICKS ON ROUTE 66” will take on new life at the first annual OKCFEST 2014 — a new summer music festival that is the brainchild of Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett and prominent business and civic leader Fred Hall. Supported by a growing alliance of business, community and entertainment industry leaders, the OKCFEST 2014 mid-summer musical party and festival will attract an estimated 30,000 fans, and underscores the ever-growing vibrancy and vitality of Oklahoma City — both present and future.
From Thursday June 26 through Sunday June 29, the harmonious sounds of contemporary and traditional country, rock, bluegrass, jazz, unplugged singer-songwriter showcases – including an exclusive appearance by four of Nashville’s current top hit song writers – “rock en Espagnol” and gospel music will reverberate throughout Downtown Oklahoma City. Production stages will be concentrated in the Myriad Gardens vicinity across from the City’s iconic Devon Energy Tower and the Chesapeake Energy Arena, home of the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA basketball team, and blocks from the city’s popular Bricktown entertainment district, Oklahoma River Boathouse District, Film Row and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and other prominent cultural and recreational destinations. Within walking distance of the festival staging area are dozens of hotels, restaurants and bistros offering a variety of cuisine, unique shopping and ample public parking options.
Reflecting the genre’s historic Oklahoma popularity, country was selected as the focus of the Festival’s first year scheduling. Headline performers will include popular recording stars Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Merle Haggard, Randy Rogers, Kix Brooks, Josh Abbott, Casey Donahew and Scotty McCreery on the OKCFEST’s Main Stage Friday and Saturday nights. Celebrated producer, composer and renowned jazz vocalist Steve Tyrell and his 8-piece band will kick-off the weekend with an exclusive and independently ticketed Thursday night show for festival underwriters, sponsors and their special guests. The high-profile first year line-up resulted from a collaborative effort between Fred Hall and Victor Sansone, the respected past chairman of the Country Music Association and former ABC radio executive, who is serving as an entertainment and production consultant to OKCFEST.
One-day and two-day passes for the main stage event area, which will feature food, beverage and unique shopping throughout OKCFEST, go on sale April 11 through the OKCFEST Festival Website (online at OKCFEST.com, at ProTix.com, and in select Oklahoma ProTix retail locations), with main stage site admission available for purchase at $35 per day and $59 for two-day passes.
Additional music and other entertainment events on three nearby Myriad Garden stages will be free to the public Friday through Sunday afternoons and evenings, with preferred seating at each stage reserved for those holding OKCFEST passes.
9. Apparently the cast of Nashville knows how to get rowdy – @ClareMBee (Clare Bowen) sent out this last week “Found mayonnaise in the fringe of my favorite jacket this morning. Rough night?”
8. We all know @LauraBellBundy can get a little ‘Kentucky Dirty’, so here was her reaction when KY made it to the final four in March Madness “I’m so excited I think I just peed a little! FINAL FOUR!!! #bestdayever #bbn #kydirty”
7. If you were ever wondering how to scare @BrettEldredge (maybe an April Fools Joke), he sent out this tweet “If you are a life size Easter bunny, please stay away…you may scare me a wee bit”
6. @ScottyMcCreery obviously doesn’t remember that Punk’d was canceled years ago: “Now tuesday is April 1st, and I just got some insanely cool news for that day! I think I’m being punked, but I cant find any hidden cameras!”
5. Artist, pilot, father, husband – @DierksBentley can add chef to his resume now “oh yeah…cooked this bad boy chicken breast myself and didnt even microwave the frozen veggies.…” http://instagram.com/p/l8jo1PMCos/
4. Jerrod Niemann released his third album this week, so @BradPaisley sent this in honor of the release. I think it’s supposed to be supportive… “Everybody go buy the new @jrodfromoz album! It’s the one with Donkey on it. Actually, all his albums have a Donkey on it.”
3. It’s not quite time for Easter egg hunts yet, but that doesn’t stop @TaylorSwift13 from hiding things “I keep hiding things in secret spots in my apartment and then forgetting where I hid them. Would’ve been the worst pirate ever.”
2. It’s been a LONG winter, so @LadyAntebellum’s Charles was ready to make his debut in the sun this week. “to say I got a little over ambitious on my first day of being in the sun is an understatement. red lobsterish today people. #sunblock – ck”
Don’t forget to follow Country Music Tattle Tale (@CMTT) on Twitter!
10. You might be seeing a new member added to @FrankieBallard’s band if you see him as he supports his new album “Got me a surf green love machine…sniff them salty licks”
9. Watch out ladies, @BrettEldredge might be changing the dating game! “Next serious date I go on, I’m gonna wear a huge fanny pack and if I she doesn’t get weirded out, then I know she’s cool ha”
8. Maybe @ScottyMcCreery hit fame a little too young…seems he forgot how to groom his nails “That awful feeling when you cut one of your finger nails a little too close….. Good grief!”
6. Thirty-seven years old, and @BlakeShelton might never grow up… “Just like Hank said… All my rowdy friends have settled down. Idiots…”
5. With another release months away, @JayDeMarcus took some time off before hitting the promotion and tour for Rewind! “Dear Mexico, do I REALLY have to leave tomorrow???”
4. What goes around comes around as @DierksBentley found out in this three-tweet series: “so a long time ago, @wadebowen and i had a couple (and then some) of beers at roberts bar in nashville. i decided he needed a real guitar” “so we got a ride to the bus yard and i gave him my other @MartinGuitar. a D-18. it’s on the cover of his @WadeBowen Lost Hotel album…” “and today… i got this from @wadebowen for my son knox! so cool. thanks bro!! @MartinGuitar baby martin…”
3. If there is one thing @MartinaMcBride isn’t, it would be a bad mom…this week she did realize a slip in her parenting, however “Ava just informed me she has never seen The Wizard of Oz. What kind of a terrible mother am I ????”
2. Country Queen @DollyParton took to twitter to send this message out: “Don’t let these false eyelashes lead you to believe that I’m as shallow as I look ‘cause I run true and deep! :)”
1. Selfie time!!! @BradPaisley took part in the selfie fad this week “Kickin off the Houston rodeo tonight. Since everyone’s into taking selfies now,here’s my submission. @GeorgeHWBush”
Don’t forget to follow Country Music Tattle Tale (@CMTT) on Twitter! Feel free to send any suggestions for next week my way!
Scotty McCreery earned his third RIAA-certified Gold record with current Top Ten single, “See You Tonight.” McCreery and the UMG Nashville staff celebrated the occasion by hitting the lanes at Pinewood Social in Nashville, Tenn.
Earning his first Gold record as a writer, McCreery admits, “This is the one I’m most proud of!”
Written by McCreery, busbee and Frank Rogers, “See You Tonight” is the lead single and title track of McCreery’s Oct. 2013 No. 1-debuting album release, as well as the name of his first-ever headlining tour. The See You Tonight Tour recently included a sold-out performance at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium. The tour continues through the end of summer and will cross the country making stops in more than 50 U.S. markets.
For more information on McCreery and the See You Tonight Tour, visit www.ScottyMcCreery.com.