One of Country music’s finest, John Anderson, will release his new album, Goldmine, on May 26th. Released on his own record label, Bayou Boys Music, the 13-track collection of original material features authentic lyrics and Anderson’s signature sound. The award-winning and hall of fame songwriter wrote or co-wrote 12 of the album’s 13 tracks.
Goldmine is an album that was cut with the artist in complete control. Anderson produced the record with long-time friend and producer Joe Spivey.
“With Goldmine, I thought, first off, I’m going to take my songs into the studio and make a record like I think it ought to be made, without all those other influences,” Anderson says, “I’m more pleased with the sound of this record than I have been in a long time.”
The first single, “I Work a Lot Better” will be shipped to radio on May 11th and will be available for download on iTunes, Amazon and other major digital retailers. The rocking mid-tempo track is in the style of previous chart-topping hits, such as “Money in the Bank.”
“It was actually Josh Turner’s idea. He is a fine young man, a great talent and a real asset to modern day country music. Josh and I have written several songs together and it’s always a pleasure to write with him”.
“I’m really proud of this album. At this point, it’s just for me and the fans. A best case scenario for me is if the fans that have loved our music and supported us for so many years know Goldmine is out there, and how to get it, I’ll be happy.”
Anderson is currently touring heavily throughout the United States. For a complete list of upcoming tour dates, please visit JohnAnderson.com/tour.
Most recently, Anderson collaborated with Keith Urban for the taping of “ACM Presents: Superstar Duets,” a CBS special featuring Country music luminaries and chart-topping artists. The two-hour event will air on Friday, May 15. On July 25, he will join Keith Urban again for a performance at Cheyenne Frontier Days in Cheyenne, WY.
For more information on John Anderson, visit his official website at JohnAnderson.com.
Goldmine Track Listing and Songwriters:
1. Freedom Isn’t Free (John Anderson/James C. Hicks Sr.)
2. Magic Mama (Merle Haggard)
3. Back Home (John Anderson/Jimmy Stevens/Jeff Farr)
4.Goldmine (John Anderson/Josh Turner)
5. Happily Ever After (John Anderson/James C. Hicks Sr.)
6. I Work Alot Better (John Anderson/Josh Turner)
7. I Will Cross O’er the River (John Anderson)
8. Louisiana Son Of A Beast (John Anderson/Bill Emerson/Jody Emerson)
9. Holdin’ On (John Anderson/Jimmy Stevens)
10. Song the Mountain Sings (John Anderson/Buddy Cannon)
11. On And On And On… (John Anderson/Jimmy Fortune)
12. Don’t Forget To Thank the Lord (John Anderson/John Rich)
13. You All Are Beautiful (John Anderson/James C. Hicks Sr.)