Check out Reba‘s emotional new music video for “Just Like Them Horses.”
Archive for the ‘Reba McEntire’ Category
Reba McEntire and her now ex-husband Narvel Blackstock shocked all of us when they announce they were divorcing last summer. It looks like things are moving full storm ahead for Narvel, a source told the New York Times he already has a new woman.
“It was a bombshell. No one saw it coming,” said a source. But sources further tell the newspaper that Blackstock’s fallen in love with a local power real estate agent and friend of the couple, Laura Putty Stroud.
Reba only confirmed she’d actually divorced on Facebook last month, saying, “Narvel and I are divorced . . . Thanks for all the sweet messages. Narvel and I are friends. We always have been.” There was speculation the split was spurred by their business relationship.
2015 was full of some major ups and downs. Our top stories of the year is proof of that.
7. Carrie Underwood Welcomes Baby Boy: Carrie Underwood and husband Mike Fisher became a family of 3 when they welcomed baby Isaiah.
6. Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Seperation : Nothing rocks country music like a country music couple we all considered a staple secretly splitting. Talk about a HUGE surprise.
5. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert Divorce: We boldly defended their relationship amid cheating and separation rumors, but it was all for not. The couple announced their split AFTER the divorce was already finalized and the two had moved on and out. Talk about whiplash.
4. Blake Shelton dates Gwen Stefani: From fellow coaches, to fellow divorcees, to friends, to friends with benefits, to a real life couple passing out PDA’s all over the place. A punk rock icon and a down home country boy find love together. I’ll be honest, I can’t quite wrap my brain around this one still.
2. David Nail and wife surprise EVERYONE with baby-bump for two at CMA Awards: Talk about a long secret to keep. These two kept their impending double arrival under wraps for a long time, debuting the bump when it was almost full-term. The couple welcomes twins, a boy and a girl earlier this month.
1. Joey + Rory Praying for a Miracle: Our biggest stories of the year were those surrounding Joey and Rory. Rory has done a beautiful job documenting his wife Joey’s battle with cancer, and the couple have been front in center in the prayers around the world. These two are a true example of Faith and Love. We continue to pray for them and their family. Pray for a miracle. Pray for peace.
Trisha Yearwood is celebrating 2016 with new episodes of the Emmy-winning® series Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, premiering Saturday, January 2nd at 10:30am ET/PT. With a trip to the Country Music Hall of Fame and down-home dinner with Reba McEntire, a Graceland visit honoring Elvis Presley with Banana Pancake Sandwiches and a Habitat for Humanity build, season seven is jam-packed with delicious food, beloved family and friends and special moments in the kitchen and on the road. The thirteen-episode season also features Trisha’s lighter take on favorite Southern dishes, game-day party food and a nostalgic “Barbie Q” with Trisha’s sister Beth.
“Trisha invites viewers not only into her kitchen this season, she also takes them on the road to visit places that hold special memories for her,” said Bob Tuschman, General Manager and Senior Vice President, Food Network. “Her passion for food and music, devotion to her family and friends and love for the South are front and center in Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, and it’s a joy to watch.”
In the premiere episode, Trisha is being honored with the ASCAP Voice of Music Award and she starts the day eating light with a Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Smoothie, then heads to a wardrobe fitting with a Whipped Sweet Potatoes snack. During lunch, she gets hair and makeup ready while preparing a Chicken Salad with Homemade Herbed Crackers. After the awards ceremony, Trisha indulges in a decadent Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheddar Panini and a quick Chocolate Cake in a Mug for dessert. In the following episode airing January 9th, Trisha takes a day trip to Memphis in honor of Elvis Presley. With her friend Julie, she visits Graceland, Sun Studio and makes a Banana Pancake Sandwich filled with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup spread to pay homage to the king. They also make other Memphis-inspired dishes including Tamale-Style Pulled Pork over a Cheesy Grit Cake, BBQ Pork Nachos and an indulgent Vanilla Milkshake with White Chocolate and Peanut Covered Straws.
Want to try out Trisha’s Southern-style meals at home? Find her recipes, watch highlights from the show, tour her Nashville kitchen and go behind-the-scenes at FoodNetwork.com/Trisha, and join the conversation on Twitter using #SouthernKitchen.