In celebration of the launch of her new DETOUR album (available here) and nationwide tour, fans will have the opportunity to donate to the True Colors Fund and a chance to win exclusives, including a dinner with Cyndi Lauper backstage. Lauper is playing select dates during the DETOUR tour with Boy George, including the June 1 Vienna, Va. show, where the winning donation will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the artists backstage, have dinner with Lauper and more:
• Meet & Greet with Cyndi Lauper and Boy George backstage
• Eat dinner with Cyndi and the crew and go to soundcheck
• Get a backstage tour and a photo with Cyndi and Boy George
• Watch the show from VIP seats
• Airfare and 4-star hotel
• Click here to place a bid (auction ends May 13)
The True Colors Fund, an organization co-founded by Lauper, works to end homelessness among lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth. To donate and enter for chances to win exclusives, click here.
Additional packages include:
• Digital Thank You Card from Cyndi and Boy George + 250 entries ($25 donation)
• Double Sided Coin (featuring Cyndi Lauper art) + 500 entries ($50 donation)
• Be Un ‘YOU’ sual T-Shirt (featuring exclusive design inspired by Lauper’s 1983 album) + 1,000 entries ($100 donation)
• Cyndi Silhouette T-Shirt (featuring Lauper’s iconic pink hairdo) + 1,000 entries ($100 donation)
• Signed Music Sheet for “True Colors” + 3,000 entries ($300 donation)
• Social Shoutout from Cyndi herself + 5,000 entries to win ($500 donation)
• Autographed Iconic Cyndi Outfit (worn on The Celebrity Apprentice) + 25,000 entries ($2,500)
• Signed Microphone + Autographed Music Sheet for “True Colors” + 50,000 entries ($5,000 donation)
Lauper is back on the road after a DETOUR media blitz that included, “CBS This Morning,” “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” CMT Online, CMT’s Hot Twenty Countdown, GAC and “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” with additional features in Associated Press, USA Today, Rolling Stone Country, Maverick Magazine, NASH Country Weekly, Billboard and syndicated radio programs “Big D & Bubba,” “Kickin’ It with Kix,” “America’s Morning Show,” “Nash Nights Live,” CMT Radio and more.
The Grammy®, Emmy® and Tony®-winning singer-songwriter collection of country covers from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s includes duets with several special guests, including country music royalty: Emmylou Harris (on the title track), Willie Nelson (“Night Life,” a song he wrote over 50 years ago), Vince Gill (Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty’s “You’re The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly”) and Alison Krauss (Dolly Parton’s “Hard Candy Christmas.” Jewel also makes an appearance on DETOUR, showcasing her prodigious yodeling skills on “I Want To Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart,” which was the first country song by a woman to sell one million copies.
While the 19-city first leg of the DETOUR tour kicked off May 9 at the “Mother Church of Country Music,” Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium, the 16-city second leg will return Sept. 10 at Austin’s ACL Live and traverse the west coast before wrapping up October 8 at the The Joint in Las Vegas. Click here to purchase tickets.