Blackbird Presents Records and CMT are proud to announce the broadcast premiere and CD/DVD release of The Life & Songs Of Kris Kristofferson. The broadcast, concert film and music release features a collection of legendary singers, songwriters, and rising superstars who came together for a once-in-a-lifetime concert event taping in Nashville, Tennessee at the Bridgestone Arena to celebrate the songs of music icon Kris Kristofferson. CMT will premiere the 90-minute broadcast on Friday, October 27 at 10 PM ET/PT, and Blackbird Presents Records will release the full-length concert film as a CD/DVD combo, which is available for immediate preorder at http://songsofkristofferson.com and http://pledgemusic.com/projects/songsofkristofferson.
The Life & Songs Of Kris Kristofferson features captivating performances, in-depth interviews, and compelling behind-the-scenes footage with Kris Kristofferson, Jessi Alexander, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Ryan Bingham, Rosanne Cash, Eric Church, Jessi Colter, Rodney Crowell, Larry Gatlin, Emmylou Harris, Jack Ingram, Shooter Jennings, Jamey Johnson, Alison Krauss, Martina McBride, The Travelin’ McCourys, Reba McEntire, Buddy Miller, Willie Nelson, Jennifer Nettles, Jon Randall, Darius Rucker, Hank Williams Jr. and Lee Ann Womack.
Performances include a range of Kristofferson classics, such as “Me And Bobby McGee” (performed by Reba McEntire), “Help Me Make It Through The Night” (Performed by Lady Antebellum), “To Beat The Devil” (Performed by Eric Church), a very special performance of “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” (performed by Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson), and an all-star grand finale performance of “Why Me”, premiering today at Rolling Stone County and available at all digital outlets.
In addition to the CD/DVD release fans can get exclusive merchandise from PledgeMusic (http://pledgemusic.com/projects/songsofkristofferson) including a limited edition framed gig poster from the night of the show, color photo, and an Epiphone Ltd. Ed. 1963 J-45 guitar, all signed by Kris Kristofferson. Merchandise bundles which include the official concert t-shirt, hat and CD/DVD are available via Blackbird Presents at http://songsofkristofferson.com.
Kristofferson, a Country Music Hall of Fame inductee, is considered a true poet who helped modernize the genre with songs such as “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” “Help Me Make It Through the Night,” “Me and Bobby McGee” and “Lovin’ Her Was Easier.” These are the songs of heartbreak and despair, of love and loss, of yearning and hope. These are the songs so honest that we adopted them as our own. They are the songs of a life led unlike any other: An All-American athlete, Golden Gloves boxer, Army Ranger, helicopter pilot, singer-songwriter, social activist, humanitarian and movie star.
- “Please Don’t Tell Me How The Story Ends” Buddy Miller
- “Kristofferson” Jessi Alexander, Jon Randall & Larry Gatlin
- “Here Comes That Rainbow Again” Martina McBride
- “The Taker” Ryan Bingham
- “The Captive” Jessi Colter
- “Nobody Wins” Lee Ann Womack
- “Jesus Was A Capricorn (Owed to John Prine)” Jack Ingram
- “Worth Fighting For” Jennifer Nettles
- “Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)” Rosanne Cash
- “Chase The Feeling” Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell
- “The Pilgrim: Chapter 33” Emmylou Harris & Kris Kristofferson
- “From the Bottle to the Bottom” Dierks Bentley & The Travelin’ McCourys
- “Help Me Make It Through The Night” Lady Antebellum
- “Under The Gun” Darius Rucker
- “For The Good Times” Jamey Johnson & Alison Krauss
- “Casey’s Last Ride” Alison Krauss
- “If You Don’t Like Hank Williams” Hank Williams Jr.
- “To Beat The Devil” Eric Church
- “Me And Bobby McGee” Reba McEntire
- “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” Willie Nelson & Kris Kristofferson
- “Why Me” Kris Kristofferson & Full Ensemble