Opry Entertainment rolls out the next of its eight new digital series this week with the release of Better Half. The program puts the spotlight on the husbands and wives of country artists who may not usually be in the limelight, but manage busy careers of their own. The first two episodes feature Shelly Brown, wife of Grammy® Award-winning superstar Zac Brown, and can be seen now on PEOPLE.com as well as the Opry YouTube Channel. In the episodes, Brown introduces viewers to two of her passions, her namesake jewelry brand and Camp Southern Ground, the facility she founded with her husband to give children of all abilities the opportunity to experience the magic of the outdoors.
Upcoming Better Half series installments are set to premiere on the Opry YouTube Channel and will feature other “better halves” including Brittany Layne, wife of Jason Aldean, and Caroline Hobby, wife of Michael Hobby of the group A Thousand Horses.
Better Half is produced by Opry Entertainment’s Jill Wilderman. “With Better Half, we show viewers the untold stories of the spouses of country music stars including their independent pursuits and endeavors as entrepreneurs, creatives and professionals,” Wilderman says.
A twice Emmy-nominated producer for her work on the hit TV show Judge Judy, Wilderman spent ten years in Los Angeles producing shows for FOX and CBS Television as well as developing, producing, and hosting several digital series for platforms VEVO, ClevverTV and Young Hollywood. While at VEVO, the Indiana native developed and hosted a country music news show which was the first of its kind for the platform.
Better Half is one of eight new Opry Entertainment digital series premiering this month on the Opry YouTube Channel, also including:
- Opry Lookbook: Artists reflect on their various Opry stage looks, the progression of their style throughout their careers, and the people and places from which they draw their style inspiration.
- What’s In Your Bag? Country stars reveal the items they have stored in their bags and purses, often surprising not only their fans, but also themselves.
- Guitar Hacks: The guitar geniuses of the genre explain their favorite guitar tips and tricks, providing fans with a means of boosting their guitar game.
- Another Round: Hosts Austin & Colin take viewers to Nashville’s best bars, restaurants and coffee shops to learn about the people, places and libations that make them unique.
- Radio Replay: Country artists put their own spin on the last song they heard on their way to the Opry.
- Spotlight Beauty: Country stars reveal the secrets to their beauty routines for their on-stage and off-stage looks.
- Opry ICONS: The lives and times of iconic Opry members who have helped propel the Opry toward the century mark are explored through performance highlights and intimate backstage interviews with legendary country singers and friends. Premieres August 25.