Seven-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-platinum recording artist Carrie Underwood’s new song “Oh, Sunday Night,” the new opening theme for primetime television’s No. 1 program, NBC’s Sunday Night Football, is now available to listen to in its entirety on NBCSports.com (click HERE).
The open makes its television debut on Sunday, September 11, before the kickoff of New England Patriots at Arizona Cardinals on NBC’s Sunday Night Football. Underwood is joined in the show open by 12 NFL players, who have accounted for 41 Pro Bowl selections, seven Super Bowl rings, and eight first-round draft picks. Following is the complete list of the players:
- New York Giants WR Odell Beckham, Jr.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown
- Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant
- Seattle Seahawks S Kam Chancellor
- Oakland Raiders LB Khalil Mack
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning
- Arizona Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu
- Green Bay Packers LB Clay Matthews
- Denver Broncos LB Von Miller
- Arizona Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson
- Seattle Seahawks S Earl Thomas
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
“Oh, Sunday Night” is set to the music of “Somethin’ Bad,” a chart-topping duet from Underwood and Miranda Lambert which was released in 2014 and earned a Grammy nomination for Best Country Duo/Group Performance. Underwood worked with the songwriters of “Somethin’ Bad”– Chris DeStefano, Brett James, and Priscilla Renea – to rewrite the lyrics for Sunday Night Football. The result, “Oh, Sunday Night,” was produced by Mark Bright and Chris DeStefano.
SNF IS TV’S NO. 1 PRIMETIME PROGRAM FOR 5 YEARS RUNNING: For the historic fifth consecutive Sept.-May television season, NBC’s Sunday Night Football finished as television’s No. 1 primetime show in household rating (13.0) and viewership (22.5 million average), as well as the coveted Adult 18-49 demographic (8.0), based on live plus same day data from The Nielsen Company (September-May). Sunday Night Football is one of only four shows since 1950 to rank No. 1 in primetime for five consecutive TV seasons.