Country mover-and-shaker Drew Baldridge released his debut Cold River Records album, Dirt On Us, Friday, June 10. The album release occurred during an exciting whirlwind week of firsts and it concluded last night on the hallowed stage of the Grand Ole Opry where the country newcomer made his Opry debut.
The Illinois native created a complete self-portrait on Dirt On Us with 13 songs, all but two of them bearing his name as a co-writer. From the soul-band sizzle of “Train” to the reverent rendition of the old hymn “It Is Well,” Baldridge’s debut album comes straight from his heart to yours. It also targets your feet on uptempo tracks such as “Everyday Night,” “Curious Girl” and “Dance With Ya,” the single that rocketed him into the spotlight. It turns down the lights and steams up the windows with “Love On Your Body,” “Burnt Toast” and “Rebound,” with a guest vocal by Emily Weisband that uses just one note to cast its seductive spell. And it evokes simpler times through vivid lyrical imagery on “Tractors Don’t Roll,” “Town That Time Forgot” and the title cut.
Kicking off three-days prior to the release of Dirt On Us, the 2016 CMT Listen Up Artist made his “pink” carpet debut at the 2016 CMT Music Awards spending hours talking with multiple news outlets about his album debut. On Thursday, June 9, Baldridge woke up early for multiple TV interviews and performances of his current single, “Dance With Ya,” for FOX 17 and WSMV’s “More At Midday.” He was then whisked over to the Music City Center for a performance and interview for Radio Disney Country and then headed to his packed album release party, sponsored by Ariat International, at French’s Boots in downtown Nashville, TN. On release day, Friday, June 10, the Rolling Stone Country’s “CMA Music Fest 2016: 30 Must-See Acts” performed to a full crowd of fans at the Chevrolet Cruze Park Stage, followed by an autograph signing before heading join Buzz Brainard to co-host SiriusXM’s “Music Row Happy Hour” on The Highway. Baldrige then headed to the airport to perform across the country in San Diego, California and then over to Portland, Maine. The infectious country newcomer will complete his week of career milestones tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15, as he steps in the famous wooden circle to make his Grand Ole Opry debut.
Produced by Josh Leo, Dirt On Us is available nationwide now.
Dirt On Us Tracklist:
1. “Train” (Drew Baldridge / Tim Nichols / Josh Leo)
2. “Everyday Night” (Jimmy Yeary / Tim Nichols / Chris Stevens)
3. “Rebound” (feat. Emily Weisband) (Drew Baldridge / Emily Weisband / Simone Simonton)
4. “Dance With Ya” (Drew Baldridge / Chris Yarber / Jake Mitchell)
5. “Drama” (Drew Baldridge / Emily Weisband / Chris Stevens)
6. “Dirt On Us” (Drew Baldridge / Tim Nichols / Monty Criswell)
7. “Burnt Toast” (Drew Baldridge / Monty Criswell)
8. “Love On Your Body” (Drew Baldridge / Tim Nichols / JT Harding)
9. “Everywhere I Go” (Drew Baldridge / Tim Nichols / Josh Leo)
10. “Tractors Don’t Roll” (Drew Baldridge / Tim Nichols / Monty Criswell)
11. “Curious Girl” (Drew Baldridge / Chris Yarber / Jake Mitchell)
12. “Town The World Forgot” (Drew Baldridge / Chris Yarber / Robert Arthur)
13. “It Is Well With My Soul” (featuring Mike & Doug Baldridge) (Public Domain)
For up-to-date information on Drew Baldridge, visit drewbaldridgemusic.com.
We caught up with Drew on the CMT Music Awards pink carpet last week! Check out the video below!