Nashville is gearing up for the annual St. Jude Rock ‘N’ Roll Nashville Marathon & 1/2 Marathon which will the streets of Music City lined with 28 stages as live bands perform the soundtrack of the day. The best part is, they do it all in the name of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Country music has had a long standing relationship with St. Jude, because who wouldn’t love a place that spreads cheer, inspires hope and finds cures to childhood diseases…all with a smile and never handing a family a bill.
Earlier this year, I had the great pleasure to attend the Country Cares for St. Jude event and experience the hospital. It was a life changing experience filled with laughter, tears and awe. There’s truly no words to make anyone who’s never gone understand what this place does every day, and the lives it changes.
Drake White was one of the many artists who participated in the event, and it definitely left a mark on his heart.
How can you help??? Well, for one you can run, build your own team, support another or just give to this amazing cause.
Details on the St. Jude Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville Marathon weekend:
• The races will take place on April 30.
• Marathon will start in downtown Nashville at 7:15 a.m. on Broadway and finish at Nissan Stadium (LP Field)
• Half marathon will start in downtown Nashville at 7:15 a.m. on Broadway and finish at Nissan Stadium (LP Field)
• 5K will start in downtown Nashville at 6:45 a.m. at Demonbreun Street & 4th Avenue and finish at Nissan Stadium (LP Field)
• (Course maps are all still TBD.)
St. Jude Hero fundraising levels are as follows:
• Bronze Hero – $500 fundraiser
• Silver Hero – $1,000 fundraiser
• Gold Hero – $3,000 fundraiser
• Platinum Hero – $4,500 fundraiser
• Classic Hero – Open fundraiser
Incentives for becoming a Hero include:
• Access to Songwriters Pasta Party anchored by songwriter Shane McAnally
• Heroes corral start
• Heroes hospitality passes
• Preferred post-race concert seating
• Access to a special meet and greet with John Rich
• And much more!
Click here to register as a St. Jude Hero or learn more about the race.