Brandy Clark is following up her 2013 smash debut album 12 Stories with the release of Big Day in a Small Town, to be released June 10th on Warner Bros. Records (available for pre-order beginning April 1st). With “Girl Next Door” serving as the first single, Big Day in a Small Town is Clark’s first major-label album. Big Day was produced by Jay Joyce.
“When I made 12 Stories, I think my dreams were a lot more realistic, in that I didn’t expect a lot to happen… then it did,” Clark says. “This time, my dreams are very much what they were when I was going to Vince Gill and Patty Loveless concerts and decided I was going to move to Nashville. Right now, my dreams are as big as when I was naïve enough to really dream them.”
Big Day in a Small Town tells the stories of the football star, the father, the homecoming queen, and the hairdresser because those are the stories and people that Clark grew up knowing.
“All these songs, there’s some little truth in them, somewhere, that resonates with me or that is about me,” she confesses.
Big Day in a Small Town Track List – Songwriters:
1. Soap Opera – Brandy Clark/Bryan Simpson
2. Girl Next Door – Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Shane McAnally
3. Homecoming Queen – Brandy Clark/Luke Laird/Shane McAnally
4. Broke – Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally/Josh Osborne
5. You Can Come Over – Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Mark Narmore
6. Love Can Go to Hell – Brandy Clark/Scott Stepakoff
7. Big Day in a Small Town – Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally/Mark D. Sanders
8. Three Kids No Husband – Brandy Clark/Lori McKenna
9. Daughter – Brandy Clark/Jessie Jo Dillon/Jeremy Spillman
10. Drinkin’ Smokin’ Cheatin’ – Brandy Clark
11. Since You’ve Gone to Heaven – Brandy Clark/Shane McAnally
Currently on the road with Jennifer Nettles on the CMT Next Women of Country Tour, the singer/songwriter has toured with Eric Church and Alan Jackson during the last two years in addition to solo shows. For upcoming tour dates, visit http://www.brandyclarkmusic.com.