Granger Smith released his highly anticipated new album, Remington. Remington is Granger’s first major label release and has already spawned his first national No. 1 with the debut single “Backroad Song.” Shortly upon its release, Remington skyrocketed to No. 1 on the iTunes country albums chart and No. 3 all genre albums chart. Remington remained steadfast in both positions at press time.
“Today is incredibly special and is one I will never forget,” says Granger. “I feel like this album is a true reflection of who I am and I am excited for the world to finally hear it. I can’t thank my fans, colleagues, friends and family enough for all their support throughout this journey.”
“Granger Smith worked tirelessly over the last few years as a truly independent artist and built a rabid following. He had the brand. He had the music. And most importantly he had the fans. All he needed was a major label behind him to amplify everything he had already accomplished. We were so excited last year to sign Granger and help him in that effort to reach a wider audience. With his lead single “Backroad Song” quickly hitting No. 1 and his debut BBR/Wheelhouse album ‘Remington’ sitting at No. 1, his years of hard work are paying off and we couldn’t be happier for him!” says Jon Loba, Executive Vice President of the BBR Music Group.
Produced by Granger Smith and Frank Rogers, Remington is a deeply personal album written over the course of two years and exquisitely melds light-hearted, up-tempo tracks with poignant, heartfelt ballads. The next single off the album, “If The Boots Fits,” (officially impacting radio March 14) is a clever and modern twist on the Cinderella story. “5 More Minutes,” a re-release from Granger’s Don’t Listen To The Radio album urges listeners to covet the time they have with loved ones. One of the most touching tracks on Remington is “Tractor,” a beautiful ode Granger wrote about his father. And, the official music video “Merica,” featuring Granger’s country boy alter-ego, Earl Dibbles Jr., was released just this week and already boasts nearly a quarter of a million views on YouTube.
A relentless touring artist, Granger begins an intensive 2-day campaign this Sunday (3/6), Granger Across Merica Pledge of Allegiance Tour Powered by Yee Yee Energy, which will lead him to the original 13-colonies where he will recite the Pledge of Allegiance – all in just 48 hours. Check out the full schedule here. Next week, Granger takes the Big Apple by storm with appearances including NBC’s TODAY show (March 8), Fox & Friends (March 9), AOL Build (March 9), YouTube, Fox 411 and more. Additionally, Granger will take over the Jimmy Kimmel Live! outdoor stage on March 22nd.
Remington track listing:
1. “Backroad Song” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
2. “Tonight” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
3. “Remington” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
4. “If The Boot Fits” (Jordan M. Schmidt, Andy Albert, Mitchell Tenpenny)
5. “Tailgate Town” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
6. “Blue Collar Dollars” (Westin Davis, Jaron Boyer, Josh Mirenda)
7. “Crazy As Me” feat. Brooke Eden (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
8. “Likin’ Love Songs” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
9. “Tractor” (Granger Smith)
10. “Echo” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
11. “Around The Sun” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
12. “5 More Minutes” *GS Reloaded bonus track (Granger Smith)
13. “Country Boy Love” *EDJ Reloaded bonus track feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr.)
14. “City Boy Stuck” * feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr., Austin Outlaw, Tyler Smith, Chris Lee)
15. “Merica” feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr., Austin Outlaw, Chris Lee, Dusty Saxton)