The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum will host a special program, Writers’ Round: The Songs of Eric Church, on Saturday, Feb. 20, at 1:30 p.m., in the museum’s Ford Theater. The program is presented in support of the exhibition Eric Church: Inside the Outsider which will end its run Feb. 21.
Throughout his career, Eric Church has worked with a very small group of songwriting collaborators, creating a consistent sound and a distinct, authentic voice. In this Saturday program, Casey Beathard, Jeff Hyde, Luke Laird and Jeremy Spillman will perform and share stories behind the hits they crafted with Church, including “Cold One,” “Country Music Jesus,” “Give Me Back My Hometown,” “Hell on the Heart’” “Homeboy,” “Like a Wrecking Ball,” “Mr. Misunderstood,” “The Outsiders,” “Springsteen” and “Talladega.”
The program is included with museum admission and free to museum members. Museum members can make reservations by calling 615-416-2001 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The program will be streamed live at countrymusichalloffame.org/streaming.
Inside the Outsider examines Church’s path to stardom, with stage wear, guitars, song manuscripts, photos and more from his personal collection. Highlights include:
- Harmony H-303 three-quarter-size acoustic guitar played by Church as a child
- Gold necklace with Hank Williams Jr.’s logo, which was a gift to Church from Williams
- Ray-Ban Aviator Mirror sunglasses worn by Church
- ACM and CMA Album of the Year Awards for Chief
- Note and autographed Fender FA-100 acoustic guitar presented to Church by George Strait for performing on Strait’s farewell tour, The Cowboy Rides Away, in 2014
- Notebook with handwritten notes and set lists from The Outsiders World Tour. Church promised that the set list for each night would be different
- Rogue leather jacket, John Varvatos shirt, Diesel jeans, and leather boots worn by Church on the cover of The Outsiders and at the 2013 CMA Awards
For more information about the exhibition, click here. Follow @countrymusichof on Twitter and join the conversation using #InsidetheOutsider.