Country music trailblazer Granger Smith rounded out a banner year in 2015 and, today, confirms the release of his Wheelhouse Records debut album Remington, due out March 4, 2016.
Following their acclaimed collaboration on Smith’s 4×4 EP, Remington is co-produced by Granger and the esteemed Frank Rogers (Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins, Darius Rucker). The album features the hit single “Backroad Song,” which continues its ascent at Country Radio, catapulting into the Top 10 on both the Billboard Country Airplay and Mediabase charts this week.
Remington delivers immensely relatable material through Granger’s vivid songwriting. “I’ve always thought of my albums as diaries of my life,” says Granger. “Some songs are easy and light-hearted, while others are painful and personal. During this time, we welcomed the birth of my little boy, and we lost my dad. My life was such a roller coaster during my time writing and recording Remington, and you can hear that journey in these songs.” Granger effortlessly takes the listener on a ride with songs like “Tractor,” a poignant ode to his father and the impact he had on his life; and with “Blue Collar Dollars” by painting an authentic picture of small towns, hard work and young love. And fans are sure to rave about “Merica,” a brand new track featuring Granger’s wildly popular alter-ego, Earl Dibbles Jr.
Adding to the excitement surrounding the single, CMT will world premiere the official “Backroad Song” music video (directed by Chris Hicky) this weekend on CMT Hot 20 Countdown. Tune-in at 9am ET/8am CT this Saturday, January 16 and keep up with the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #CMThot20. The show will encore Sunday, January 17 at 9am ET/8am CT. Fans can also watch the “Backroad Song” premiere via Granger Smith’s CMT artist page at: http://www.cmt.com/artists/granger-smith/
Accolades continue to pour in for the fast-rising star. Granger has been named Rolling Stone Country’s “New Country Artists You Need To Know,” MusicRow’s “Next Big Thing,” Billboard’s “Artist To Watch,” Huffington Post’s “Top 20 Artists To Watch,” Taste of Country’s “Hottest New Act of 2016” and Myspace’s “10 Country Artists That Should be on Your Radar in 2016.” Granger recently celebrated another milestone in his prolific career making his Grand Ole Opry debut, delivering back-to-back performances at the legendary Ryman Auditorium also known as the “mother church.”
Granger continues to criss-cross the U.S., breaking attendance records on his headlining national tour. To see all tour dates click here.
Click READ MORE for Remington track listing:
Remington track listing:
1. “Backroad Song” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
2. “Tonight” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
3. “Remington” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
4. “If The Boot Fits” (Jordan M. Schmidt, Andy Albert, Mitchell Tenpenny)
5. “Tailgate Town” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
6. “Blue Collar Dollars” (Westin Davis, Jaron Boyer, Josh Mirenda)
7. “Crazy As Me” feat. Brooke Eden (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
8. “Likin’ Love Songs” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
9. “Tractor” (Granger Smith)
10. “Echo” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
11. “Around The Sun” (Granger Smith, Frank Rogers)
12. “5 More Minutes” *GS Reloaded bonus track (Granger Smith)
13. “Country Boy Love” *EDJ Reloaded bonus track feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr.)
14. “City Boy Stuck” *feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr., Austin Outlaw, Tyler Smith, Chris Lee)
15. “Merica” feat. Earl Dibbles Jr. (Earl Dibbles Jr., Austin Outlaw, Chris Lee, Dusty Saxton)