5 Quick Holiday Questions with Dustin Lynch
- Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate… BUT I’m giving Egg Nog an official try this year. It feels more Griswold!
- What is Your Favorite Holiday Tradition? The fact that I always receive a gift from “Cousin Eddie.” All the dudes on my dad’s side of the family all open the gifts from “Eddie” at the same time. It’s always very bizarre and funny…..something that is tied in with the Christmas Vacation movie.
- What was your favorite Christmas present as a child? That’s a tough one… I’ve got to say the one that stands out the most was my Kawasaki KX 60 dirt bike because it gave me a sense of freedom.
- How did you learn the truth about Santa Clause? I think my mom finally had to have a sit down with me. It was something my sister said or did that tipped me off.
- What is Your Favorite Christmas Song? Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas”
Broken Bow Records’ Dustin Lynch occupies a unique place in today’s country music. Thanks to his classic sensibilities, he’s been heralded as the heir to George Strait’s throne. Yet with one listen to his multi-week #1 hit “Where It’s At,” and latest hit “Hell of a Night,” it’s obvious the young Tennessee native knows how to combine his traditional influences with an edgy intensity that places him at the vanguard of today’s contemporary country scene.
Since the release of his Platinum-selling debut single, “Cowboys and Angels,” Lynch has surpassed 21 million views on YouTube/ VEVO, soared to #1 on the MTV Music Meter and sold 2.2 million digital singles. His sophomore album WHERE IT’S AT recently debuted as the #1 selling digital country album in the U.S. and the lead single alone has earned over 9 million streams on Spotify.
Lynch was lauded in Rolling Stone’s 2013 Best of Rock Issue, ELLE named him a “Best New Country Music Artist of 2013” while People Country and Us Weekly both proclaimed Lynch one of its “2014 Sexiest Men of Country. Rolling Stone Country recently named Lynch one of “The Best Things We Saw at CMA Music Fest 2014.” Lynch hits the road with Luke Bryan in 2015 and his new album WHERE IT’S AT is in stores now. For more, visit http://www.dustinlynchmusic.com