Yesterday was an exciting day for Tyler Farr! Tyler’s new album, Suffer In Peace, was released and he is currently on a whirlwind media tour to support it.
Suffer In Peace is produced by Jim Catino and Julian King; both of whom produced Farr’s debut album Redneck Crazy which released in 2013 and landed at #2 on the Country Albums Chart and #5 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart.
Suffer in Peace is an album that continues Farr’s trajectory of being a force to be reckoned with in country music. The debut single from Suffer in Peace, “A Guy Walks Into a Bar” is proving to be the whisky-soaked vocalist’s third hit song; climbing inside the top-20 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
Farr has created a name for himself for songs that show a darker side of heartbreak and loneliness from a sincere place that Farr knows well. That theme is one that Farr continues to come back to with his songs on Suffer in Peace. With that in mind, the title track, “Suffer In Peace,” looks to be an early contender as one of the emotional standout’s from the anticipated album. Rolling Stone Country labeled the song as being “full of soul-barring lyrics and traditional country phrasing” in the Country Goes Back To Basics (All Year) section of their 20 Reasons To Love This Year.
Check out our 10 Quick Quirky Questions with Tyler:
- Where is the one place you could spend hours and be happy? my farm
- Beer or Liquor? liquor
- Last person you talked to on the phone? my manager
- Favorite TV Show? Friday Night Lights
- What is your favorite thing to spend money on? random crap on amazon app
- If you hadn’t made it as a singer/songwriter, what would you likely be doing for a living? probably working in the outdoor industry
- If your life was a song, what would the title be? damn, what happened
- If you could have any super power what would it be? xray vision ha!
- Do you have a pre-concert ritual? one shot of whiskey right before i take the stage with my band
- What was the last thing that made you laugh? my lighting guy being an idiot as usual