2013 is going to be an exciting year in country music. From tours, to award shows, to festivals and much more… this year country music is ready to dominate. However, while it is hard to chose just one, we feel the MOST exciting thing to happen in country music in 2013 will be all the amazing album releases! We have Randy Houser, Darius Rucker, Gary Allan, Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, LeAnn Rimes, Tim McGraw, Ashley Monroe, Thompson Square and many more!
While this may seem like a less obvious choice than some of the huge arena concerts and things of that nature, the choice is simple…it is all about the FANS! Country music fans are the best. They love their country artists and the artists love the fans right back. New music releases are something that brings the music to ALL the fans. It is something everyone can get excited about and a chance for the artist to be in everyone’s hometown and touch everyone’s lives at the same time. Country albums unite people, they excite people and they provide fans with a new soundtrack for their memories. As cheesy as that may sound, tell me it isn’t true? Every year a new song or album defines those moments in your life that you will remember forever.
The anticipation of new music for a country fan is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. We LOVE our new music. We spend months wondering things like, “Will it live up to the hype?” “Could it possibly top their last album? “What song will be the first single?” We tweet about it, we Facebook about it, we blog about it and we talk about it. With the amazing reach of social media sometimes the artists even tweet us back, eager to thank the fans for the feedback. With new music also comes with a ton of artist promotion. We get to see more of our favorite artists hitting up late night television, chatting it up on the daytime talk shows and stopping by our local radio stations to talk about their new project.
Lastly it is important to remember that not everyone can always afford huge festivals, or can get the time off work to head to CMA fest, but new albums are accessible to everyone and they bring the excitement to the fans no matter where you live. From Nashville, to Los Angeles, to New York or to London, new music knows no boundaries and there is a TON coming your way this year….so get EXCITED!
Blog Rodeo Roundup: See What Everyone Else Is Saying About Country Music in 2013!
- FocusOnThe615.com: Artist to Watch in 2013!
- TwangNation.com: Americana’s Influence On Country Music!
- UrbanCountryNews.com: Roots On The Rise – The Most Exciting Music Trend of 2013!
- UkCOUNTRYmusic.net: Country2Country Festival-A Potential Turning Point for US Country Music In The Uk!
- KeepinItCountryBlog.com: 2013 The Year of Country Crossover!
- CountryMusicPride.com: Country Music In 2013!
- ForTheCountryRecord.com: Country Music & Twitter!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (HaleighT): Word of Mouth in 2013!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (WhiskeyChick): 2013 – The Year of Social Media In Country Music!
- CountryMusicNewsBlog.com (MissMolly): 2013 North of Nashville – The Ozarks Go Country!
- CMchatLive.com: 2013 – Insights From Country Music Industry Experts!
- CountryMusicIsLove.com: Country Artists Passing The Torch In 2013!
CMTT wants to hear from YOU! Do you have some country music info you want to share? Email me Krissie Humphrey, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on twitter @khmusic12. Don’t miss a country music beat! Sign up to receive free email updates or subscribe to CMTT via RSS today!