Taylor Swift’s knife-wielding intruder will not face any charges mainly in part because Taylor didn’t have a “No Trespassing” sign posted at her home.
Attorney Sean McKinney has stated that Tennessee prosecutors decided not to press charges against his client, Jacob Kulke. McKinney says he spoke with Swift’s representatives on Thursday morning and all parties thought it was best not to press forward with the case.
McKinney added that there are a number of reasons as to why he was able to get the charges dropped. First, Swift did not have a “No Trespassing” signs posted. Also, Kulke was under the impression he was allowed to go onto the property after allegedly being told by the guards at the house that he could do so.
The 24-year-old man was arrested earlier this month after attempting to break into Taylor’s Nashville, Tenn., home. (Swift was not at her residence at the time.) Prosecutors do have a full year to decide if they want to reopen the case if new evidence or information arises.
CMTT wants you to be a Tattle Tale! We want to hear what you have to say about country music and your favorite artists. Email Jessica at email@example.com. Don’t miss a country music beat! Sign up to receive free email updates or subscribe to CMTT via RSS today!