The famed Bluebird Café is turning 30, and an extended celebration will kickoff with a week of special daily performances from some of music’s biggest artists and songwriters beginning Monday, June 4, 2012. Numerous homecoming shows, special concerts, guest appearances and events are planned each day that week and throughout the coming year.
“The entire Birthday week features a multitude of old and new friends coming together to celebrate the impact of The Bluebird Café,” said GM Erika Wollam Nichols. “We appreciate our partner organizations, ASCAP, BMI, IBMA, NSAI, the Nashville Songwriters Foundation and SESAC helping us celebrate 30 years of songs at The Bluebird Café!”
Nichols also said that there is no way that one week could represent the famed venue’s 30 year history, so they plan to celebrate all year long with returning friends and special performances.
The 30th Anniversary Kickoff Week includes:
Monday, June 4, 2012
– Early Show: Open Mic Night
– Late Show: A Songwriter’s Tribute to Garth Brooks with Pat Alger, Tony Arata, Kent Blazy, Victoria Shaw and Kim Williams – all writers who have written with, and for, Bluebird discovery, Garth Brooks.
Tuesday, June 5
– Early Show: SESCAC Presents: Jon Stone, Brian White, Jim Lauderdale and Brice Long – in Honor of The Bluebird
– Late Show: Bluebird 30th Birthday Party starring Kathy Mattea, Crystal Gayle and others.
Wednesday, June 6
– Early Show: ASCAP Presents: Walt Aldridge, Dave Berg, Eric Paslay and Carly Pearce – in Honor of The Bluebird
– Late Show: Writers at the Bar with Vince Gill, J. Fred V Knobloch and Don Schlitz and others. Instead of the traditional round on the stage or in the middle of the club, the writers will be sitting at the bar!
Thursday, June 7
– Early Show: BMI Presents: Sammy Arriaga, Neal Carpenter, Adam James and Haily Steele – in Honor of The Bluebird
– Late Show: Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame show hosted by Pat Alger, Richard Leigh, Wayland Holyfield and friends.
Friday, June 8
– Early Show: IBMA Presents: Marty Raybon, Pam Gadd, Chris Henry and Becky Schlegel – in Honor of The Bluebird
– Late Show: 9:30 ITR Founders Celebrate 30 Years: Thom Schuyler, Fred Knobloch, Tony Arata and Jelly Roll Johnson with Don Schlitz
Saturday, June 9
– Early Show: NSAI Presents: Lance Carpenter, Bonner Black, John Milstead, Carolina Story
– Late Show: Walt Wilkins, Jimmy Davis, Bill Small & friends
Sunday, June 10
– Sunday Spotlight with Jonathan Singleton and friends
– Sunday Writers Night with Bluebird Favorites including Bluebird alumnus Liz Hengber, Mark Irwin and special guest Tony Arata
Reservations are available online at www.bluebirdcafe.com. Shows go on sale at 8:00am online and stay on sale until 4:15pm the day of the show (with the exception of Saturday’s shows, which go off sale on Fridays at 4:15pm).To make a weekday reservation, you can go on online one week in advance of the show date (Tuesday for next Tuesday’s show, Wednesday for next Wednesday, etc.). For Friday and Saturday reservations, go online beginning at 8:00 am Monday of the week of the shows. Sunday and Monday shows (with the exception of June 4) are first come, first served. Please have your credit card number ready, as you will need it to confirm your reservation! There is a non-refundable reservation fee of $2.00 per person.
Each seat at a table or the bar has a $7.00 per person food and/or drink minimum. Early shows have no cover. All late shows, with the exception of Sunday night, have a cover charge, which goes directly to the performers. A varied menu of appetizers, hot & cold sandwiches, salads & daily hot specials, is available until 10pm weeknights and 11PM weekends. Doors open at 5:00pm Tuesday-Thursday, 5:30pm Friday – Monday.
CMTT wants you to be a Tattle Tale! We want to hear what you have to say about country music and your favorite artists. Email Jessica at email@example.com. Don’t miss a country music beat! Sign up to receive free email updates or subscribe to CMTT via RSS today!