On Monday, November 7th a special concert to benefit The Woman and Cancer Fund kicked off CMA Week in appropriate fashion at Nashville’s legendary Ryman Auditorium. The concert was hosted by actor/musician Jeff Daniels, who also performed along with SHeDAISY, Sarah Darling, Steel Magnolia, Phil Vassar, Cheyenne Kimball, Juliana Cole, Jeff Daniels, Nikki Shannon Fernandez, Jordyn Shellhart, Chuck Wicks, Nancy Sirianni, Samantha Landrum, and Blue Sky Riders.
Performers for the “Let Us In” event and several other artists contributed an original version of a Sir Paul McCartney song for a charity-based compilation album.“Let Us In” Nashville – A Tribute To Linda McCartney is now available for purchase, and proceeds will also benefit The Women and Cancer Fund. The Boot recently premiered Sarah Daring’s track “Blackbird” from the album, and “Let Us In” Nashville is streaming all week as a part of Listening Booth and Listening Party.
Read more after the jump….
“Let Us In” Nashville – A Tribute To Linda McCartney
1. SHeDAISY – “With A Little Luck”
2. Timothy B. Schmit, Mark Hudson, Laurence Juber, Denny Seiwell – “Every Night”
3. Sarah Darling – “Blackbird”
4. Steel Magnolia – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
5. Phil Vassar – “Lady Madonna”
6. Blue Sky Riders (Kenny Loggins, Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr) – “Junk”
7. Cheyenne Kimball – “Mull Of Kintyre”
8. Juliana Cole – “Bluebird”
9. Ricky Skaggs – “Listen To What The Man Said”
10. Jeff Daniels – “Heart Of The Country”
11. Nikki Shannon Fernandez – “I Saw Her Standing There”
12. Jordyn Shellhart – “I Will”
13. Chuck Wicks – “No More Lonely Nights”
14. Nancy Siranni – “Calico Skies”
15. Samantha Landrum – “Pipes Of Peace”
16. Tommy Emmanuel – “She’s A Woman”
The Women and Cancer Fund is a not-for-profit charity led by Dr. Alicia Alvarez and established in the memory of Linda McCartney. Sir Paul McCartney has given his “whole-hearted blessing” to “Let Us In” Nashville, a campaign led by Reviver Music to raise awareness and proceeds for this charity which promotes prevention, lifestyle awareness, enhances available health services and advocates advanced breast cancer and children’s cancer research.
The social action agenda of The Women and Cancer Fund and the ongoing mission of Reviver Music are dearly expressed via the “Let Us In” Campaign. The words “Let Us In” were designed as a battle-cry and a poignant declaration stating emphatically that women with cancer will not be spectators of their own life.
Got some country music gossip and don’t wanna be a tattle tale? Email me, Tawny Tucker, Tawny@countrymusictattletale.com